Web developers design and build websites. They are typically responsible for the appearance, of the site and technical aspects, such as site speed and how much traffic the site can handle. Web developers may also create site content that requires technical features.
They are sometimes known as web designers or full-stack developers if they can do both front-end and back-end development.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development or related field
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.