The MARKETING ACCOUNT MANAGER is the link between the client and the entire agency team. Along with their team the account manager acts as both the salesperson for the agency and as the client’s representative within the agency.
- Creating a portfolio of client accounts and monitoring the ongoing activities related to them.
- Managing, reviewing progress and delivering the client’s advertisement projects.
- Conducting meetings with the clients as well as informing them about the current work status of their projects.
- Establishing relationships with new clients and maintaining and nurturing business relationships with existing clients.
- Identifying accounts whose revenue may be shrinking so as to address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
- Monitoring work performance of colleagues and setting sales targets.
- Training new account executives.
- Good leadership skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and demanding targets.
- Strong deals closing negotiation, and excellent communication (Verbal & Written) & interpersonal skills.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Real understanding of print and web advertising opportunities.
- Creativity and innovation combined, along with commercial awareness.